July/August 2022 NL
- SKU: NL-MG-JA2022
- Nebraska Pollinators: Photographers capture bees, beetles and birds pollinating flowers, fruits and vegetables in suburban backyards, wild prairies and forests. Macro photography highlights the hidden textures and details of these essential organisms’ complex world. Story by Megan Feeney.
- Nebraska Life Turns 25, Hip-hip-hooray! Nebraska Life is celebrating its 25th birthday. We’re proud and want to celebrate by holding up other great Nebraska institutions: Arbor Day Foundation, Nebraska Community Foundation and Natural Resources Districts. Story by Megan Feeney.
- Commercial fisherman Mike Kelley cruises the Missouri River to find the freshest offerings to fry and plate at his Blair restaurant. He honors a tradition handed down from his father. Now, if he can keep dodging the flying carp and stay on the right side of the law. Story and photographs by Tim Trudell.
- Visitors to Swanson Reservoir and Harlan County Lake have a blast fishing and boating, but the history of these places is less lighthearted. Tragic floods led to the creation of reservoirs. Lakeside communities remember history while celebrating the present. Story by Alan J. Bartels.
- High-kicking showgirls and hotheaded cowboys entertain at Ogallala’s Front Street Crystal Palace Revue seven summer nights a week. Jam-packed action, Western tunes and comic improvisation keep the state’s longest-running summer stock theater fresh. Yee-haw. Story by Alan J. Bartels.
- Watermelon recipes add wow to summer. Chef Ian Nauslar’s original creations zing with fresh juicy flavor.