May/June 2022 NL
- SKU: NL-MG-MJ2022
- Nebraska Rocks: Geological formations that defy physics, abundant blooms, fearsome ancient mammals, desperate pioneers and Indigenous peoples – the history of Western Nebraska is as dramatic as its landscape.
- A relative of Mari Sandoz, self-taught Sandhills artist Rachel Brownlee’s charcoal pencil drawings painstakingly depict the “living West” – and she says it’s not just her hands guiding the creation.
- Patricia “Big Mama” Barron served soul food and second chances at her North Omaha restaurant Big Mama’s Kitchen. Her family dishes up more of the same at a new North 30th Street location.
- Meatballs and lutefisk fly as Stromsburg and Oakland vie for the distinction of being Nebraska’s Swedish capital. Could it be there’s room for two?
- From Norfolk to Valentine, Becky McCarville takes on goathead thorns and extreme heat to conquer the 195-mile rails-to-trail bikepacking journey with her sister on the Cowboy Trail. Their Nebraska adventures are just beginning.
- From ranging bison to aeronautical history, unique and distinctly Nebraska golf courses across the state are worth the drive. Whether players are wearing golf pants or cowboy hats, they’re all chasing the hole-in-one fun of the golf life.
- Easy-to-assemble no-bake desserts add a heartwarming touch to the end of any meal while keeping the kitchen cool.