- North by Northwest. From trout streams and rocky buttes to fossil bonebeds and otherworldly badlands natural wonders abound in Sioux County where summertime 'staycations' begin. Story by Alan J. Bartels.
- Emery Blagdon's Healing Machines. With little more than wire pliers and a creative mind that his Sandhills neighbors did not understand Emery Blagdon enlightened the art world. Story by Linda Read Deeds.
- Linda Meigs: Omaha's Keeper of the Mill. With fortitude faith and creativity akin to that of its Mormon pioneer builders a savior emerges to save Omaha's oldest building from the wrecking ball. Story and photographs by Alan J. Bartels.
- Night of the Twisters. Residents look back to when Grand Island was in the eye of the storm and deadly embrace of seven tornadoes 40 years ago. Story by Sheryl Schmeckpeper.
- Treasure hunters. The ghost town of Leroy clings to its buried cache of silver and gold. Story and photographs by Alan J. Bartels.
- Time-saving slow cooker recipes become fast favorites of Nebraska home cooks. Story by Danelle McCollum.